INTERIOR & FURNITURE DESIGN, PRODUCT & INDUSTRIAL DESIGN, INTERACTION DESIGN
The three Disciplines of Interior & Furniture design, Product & Industrial Design and Interaction Design are known for achieving learning outcomes of industry standards through hands-on pedagogy, active industry engagement and providing state of the art infrastructure, including 3D printers, laser cutters and power tools along with the latest industry-relevant software to groom proficient design professionals. With faculty drawn from various domains like Product design, Interior design, Graphic design, UX designer, Mechanical engineering, Electronics engineering, Architecture, Fine arts etc., the discipline focuses on critical inquiry through theoretical and applied interdisciplinary research. Exposure to studio/workshop courses, live industry projects, internships, evaluation by industry professionals and opportunities to participate in national and international competitions helps to inculcate abilities for conceptualization and effective execution of design projects
To carve out a position of leading design discipline, globally recognized for inculcating design thinking, creativity, entrepreneurship, inspiring proficiency in technology and marketing skills along with sustainability concerns.
- Cultivating hands on skills in core areas of design including creative and research-based visualization for designing and development of products while appreciating local as well as global socio-cultural trends and concerns.
- Nurturing student creativity and skills through rigorous studio culture guided by experienced regular and visiting faculty from industry.
- Developing proficiency in use of technology in design and marketing through internships and industry projects.
- Developing technical, management and leadership skills for effective handling of systems, processes and people.
- Building entrepreneurial orientation amongst young professionals.